Academic Year 2022-23 Update
The Making Center’s Digital Knit Lab is only available to MFA students with faculty support. Outside of course enrollment, students should discuss a proposal with their program coordinator.
About the Digital Knit Lab
This lab is equipped with:
- 1 Yarn Cone Winder
- 1 Fine Gauge Hauge Linker
- 1 Mid-Gauge Hauge Linker
- 2 Bulky-Gauge Hauge Linkers
- 1 Shima Seiki SRY183LPSV7 7 gg digital Knitting Machine (flat bed)
- 1 Shima Seiki SWG091N2 10gg Digital Knitting Machine (Small Whole Garment)
- 2 Shima Seiki SDS One Apex Computer Systems
The Shima Seiki digital knitting machines are complex tools that are limited faculty supported use. Please contact your program coordinator with questions about Shima Access. Any inquiries for class projects should be made a semester in advance.
- Textiles Technicians
Assistant Manager, Soft Construction and Textiles