Academic Year 2021-22 Update
We are open by appointment only this Spring. Equipment available is limited.
Due to social distancing requirements, there will be limited orientations. Information about orientation availability will be communicated shortly.
Students who were oriented in the past will retain access.
Schedule a Technician Consultation.
Reservation / Use Protocol
- Please follow the building selection and testing steps outlined in the access protocol carefully.
- Make a Technician Consultation.
- Request a seat at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus. After scheduling a technician consultation (or sometimes even during one), request a seat via getspace.newschool.edu in the relevant area.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
About the N5 Open Print Lab
The Open Print Lab facility located at 66 Fifth Avenue, fifth floor, is an open print lab available to all students within the School of Art, Media, and Technology at Parsons School of Design. With plenty of open viewing space and equipped with Canon Professional Inkjet printers utilizing the latest in pigmented inkjet printing technology, the fifth floor space is one of many locations on campus for students to make professional-looking, high-resolution prints on their own inkjet paper.* All that is required to use the lab is a laptop** with the appropriate printer driver and software installed. Cables to connect computer to printer can be checked out from the fifth floor cage.
The Open Print Lab includes:
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17″ Professional Photographic Inkjet Printers
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 24″ Professional Photographic Inkjet Printers
Eizo ColorEdge Monitors
* Students must provide their own paper.
** Computers are not provided, students must bring their own laptop to connect to the printers.
Students also have access to a variety of scanners and printers through IT Technology Labs.
Additional Flextight Imacon Scanners are located at:
- Arnhold Hall, 55 West 13th Street, 8th floor Open Lab
- 6 East 16th Street, 6th floor, The Innovation Center (Open Lab)
- 6 East 16th Street, 7th floor, D703 Computer Classroom
Additional Large Format Flatbed Scanners are located at:
- 6 East 16th St: lab workstations D707-01 through 03, D1131-01
- 6 East 16th St: Innovation Center D6 (6th floor) lab area
- 25 East 13th St: Parsons East lab workstations E208A-14, E300A-01
- Arnhold Hall, 55 West 13th St: 8th floor lab workstations i802-10,11,13,14,16,23,24,31,32,33,43
Slide Scanners are located at:
- Arnhold Hall, 55 West 13th St., 8th floor Lab
Additional locations and costs for Plotters & Photo Printers can be accessed here.
Featured Equipment and Tools
- Desktop Inkjet Printer
- Inkjet Plotter
- Eizo ColorEdge Monitor