Academic Year 2021-22 Update
The lab will close on May 17th and reopen again on June 7. Hours after June 7 will be Tue-Thur 1-5pm.
The lab is open for walk-in task time Monday to Friday, between 10am-6pm.
You must MAKE A CONSULTATION to access laser cutters, 3d printers, and CNC equipment. Use the button below.
Purchase physical computing materials from the D12 Making Center Store.
1 week loan equipment available on request
In order to use the lasers, 3d printers, or CNC you must make a consultation. At the moment, all consultations are in person. If you require a video consultation, book a regular consultation, email email@example.com 24 hours in advance and we will send you a Zoom link.
About the D12 Prototyping Shop
This lab contains laser cutting, 3d printing, and CNC capabilities as well as space for soldering/physical computing projects and small-scale prototyping.
Note: Bed size of laser cutters is 24″ x 12″
Tools / Machines / Open Work Areas
- Open work area for Physical Computing work with 4 x Weller WES51 Soldering machines
- Open-use mixed hardware fabrication area
- Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer
- 2 x Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printers
- 2 x Universal VLS 3.50 Desktop Laser Cutters
- Othermill Pro Desktop CNC Machine
- Roland MDX-40A Milling Machine