Academic Year 2021-22 Update
Welcome back!!! The D12 Prototyping shop closes for the summer on July 31 and will reopen Aug 30th.
The lab is open for walk-in task time Monday to Friday, between 10am-6pm.
Access to the laser cutters, 3d printers, and Othermill CNC require a consultation. Use the button below to book.
In order to use the lasers or 3d printers you must make a consultation. At the moment, all consultations are in person. If you require a video consultation, book a regular consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours in advance and we will send you a Zoom link.
About the D12 Prototyping Shop
This lab contains laser cutting, 3d printing, and Othermill CNC capabilities as well as space for physical computing projects and small-scale prototyping.
Note: Bed size of laser cutters is 24″ x 12″
Tools / Machines / Open Work Areas
- Open work area for Physical Computing work with 6 x Weller WES51 Soldering machines
- Open-use mixed hardware fabrication area
- Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer
- 2 x Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printers
- 2 x Universal VLS 3.50 Desktop Laser Cutters
- Othermill Pro Desktop CNC Machine