Academic Year 2023-24 Update
The Sewing Construction Classrooms & Workrooms are open this Fall.
Please refer to the CLASSROOM SCHEDULE document for available rooms and class times
View Building Hours
Please refer to the Specialty Sewing Lab Website Page for additional information on orientations & resources.
Each classroom contains a variety of industrial sewing machines, worktables, dress forms, and industrial irons. Spaces are reserved for assigned classes but serve as open communal workspace when classes are not taking place. These communal classroom and work spaces serve many users and must be maintained as such.
UC Classroom List: 300, 400, 402, 405, 406, 412, 417, 418, 428, 500, 504, 509, 510, 511, 515, 516
UC Open Work Rooms/Studios: 429/430, 506
For a list of the Specialty Sewing Machines available to you and their location, please visit the link below:
Please be sure to clean up after yourself.
No food or drink allowed. No overnight storage available.
About the Sewing Construction Classrooms & Workrooms
The rooms contain a variety of industrial sewing machines. Technicians are not able to assist on machines in the moment; please come to your consultation prepared to discuss your machine comfort level so we can best support you.
Click on the names below to find the associated threading diagrams.
- Gravity and Vacuum Iron Use
- Plainstitch Threading Diagram
- Zig-Zag Threading Diagram
- Serger Threading Diagram
- Purl Machine Threading Diagram
- Overlock Threading Diagram
- Superlock Threading Diagram
- Coverstitch Threading Diagram
- 3-Step Threading Diagram
- Walking Foot LU-150 Threading Diagram
- Walking Foot Cylinder Threading Diagram
- Post Machine Threading Diagram
- Edge Skiver Threading Diagram
- Blind Hem Threading diagram
- Bonis Fur Machine Threading Diagram
- Double Needle Threading Diagram
- Antique Merrow Machine Threading Diagram
For additional sewing resources and guides on these machines, check the Specialty Sewing Lab webpage.
- Sewing Technicians