Academic Year 2020-21 Update
Open Tuesdays / Wednesdays / Thursdays for in-person reservations.
Alumni can request access for the upcoming summer by filling out this form.
- Please follow the building selection and testing steps outlined in the access protocol carefully.
- Request your on-campus workstation reservation at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus.
Your reservation will be for one workstation with equipment(s) for the entire day (12 am – 6 pm).
Workstations that are currently online are:
- 2 Laser Printing Stations
- Small inkjet Station
- Inkjet Plotter Station
- 2 Risograph Stations (Orientation Required*)
- Bookbinding / Craft Station
- Scanning Station
- Sticker Printing
Reservations are processed on weekdays from 12 pm – 5 pm. Only one reservation can be made at a time, and once your current reservation is complete, you are allowed to make another one.
Once your reservation is confirmed, a Libcal link will be sent to you. Libcal will vet your authorizations, which will grant you access to the building and space. Please understand that if you are not authorized to use the space or the equipment, Libcal will not allow you to make a reservation.
You can contact email@example.com to ask any questions regarding your authorization.
* If you would like to access the Risograph stations, first complete the online orientation in Canvas. Sign into the “Making Center Trainings and Authorizations” course page with your NetID/password and complete the “General Orientation” and “Design Lab” modules.
Special accommodations can be made for Senior thesis candidates.
Printing Submission Service
Pick-up will require you to come on campus (COVID test is not required for pickups).
Pick-ups have a 2 day minimum wait period and will be coordinated after the payment process.
About the Design Lab
The Design Lab is a 2D digital production space and a hub for student interaction and collaboration. We provide access to design tools, software, equipment, and printing services around the creative printing needs of all students. Students get to bring their own paper and experimental materials to print on our vast array of printers. Besides the common printers you encounter throughout the school, the laser and inkjet printers, we offer access to unique machines like the Risograph printers, Vinyl Cutter, Roll scanner, Solvent Printer (For sticker Printing Only), Dye Sublimation Printer, and UV Printer. Students have access to commercial booklet production tools with the help of trained personnel who can assist you from per to post booklet production.
This is the only lab that allows you to bring your own paper stock. The lab does not provide any paper to students or faculty.
Featured Equipment and Tools
- B&W LaserJet Printer
- Color LaserJet Printer
- Desktop Inkjet Printer
- Inkjet Plotter
- Risograph Printer
- Vinyl Cutter
- Photo Scanner
- Colortrac SmartLF SG 44 Wide Format Scanner
- Roland VersaUV LEF-200 UV Printer