Academic Year 2021-22 Update
~ NOTICE ~
The Laser Lab is closed temporarily for Summer break but will reopen with limited hours from June 7th till July 29th.
Summer Hours: Tue.-Thurs. 1-5pm.
Welcome to the Laser Lab. If you need to book an orientation or set up a consultation please scroll down and locate the appropriate red button.
If you have questions about Laser Lab access email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students and faculty are required to complete an orientation before using the lab.
Orientations are in two parts:
- An online Canvas course and quiz which you MUST complete (sign into the “Making Center Trainings and Authorization” course in Canvas using your NetID/password, go to the Modules section, and complete the “Laser Lab (Digital Tools)” module.)
- A 30 minute in-person test cut. You will find the link to book your test cut at the end of the Canvas module.
Once you have completed your in-person test cut you will be given access to the lab.
Important: Please remember to cancel your consultation if no longer needed. This will allow your cohorts to access the lab.
After completing an orientation, to use our Laser Cutters, you must make a consultation using the button below. A consultation is a 30 minute meeting where we will review your file and materials, before scheduling your time to use the machines:
- You cannot make a consultation without having taken an orientation first.
- You must have a finished file as well as all materials you plan to cut when attending a consultation.
- Consultations do not guarantee immediate use of the laser cutters. You will either have to wait until a machine is free or until your scheduled use time.
- There are no walk-in spots. You must be on the schedule.
Always read the Laser Lab approved materials list before using the Laser Lab. If you intend to purchase material from us you can view the materials we offer at Material Store. All material purchases must be done at the lab.
About the Laser Lab
The Laser Cutting Lab consists of multiple laser cutters that can be used to cut and engrave a variety of materials.
Our current open hours are:
Mon – Fri: 10am-8pm // Sat – Sun: 11am – 7pm
Always read the Laser Lab approved materials list before using the Laser Lab or laser cutters.
Note: We are no longer cutting through 1/4 plywood. Engraving is ok.
Featured Equipment and Tools
- Universal VLS 4.60 Laser Cutter
- Epilog Laser Fusion M2