Academic Year 2020-21 Update
Open Tuesdays / Wednesdays / Thursdays for in-person reservations.
Alumni can request access for the upcoming summer by filling out this form.
Printshop + Book Arts Studio Summer Holiday Closures
The Printshop + Book Arts Studios will be closed the following days:
Friday, June 18th (in observance of Juneteenth)
Monday July 5th – Friday July 9th (4th of July Holiday Week)
Due to social distancing requirements, there will be limited orientations for Summer 2021. Information about orientation availability will be communicated shortly.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know by contacting us here:
If you would like to request a space reservation, please follow the building selection and testing steps outlined the access protocol, and schedule a technician consultation using the link below.
During your consultation, the technician will speak with you about your project, direct you to the best resources to support your work, and assist you in requesting your space reservation in LibCal. The technician can also help you reserve additional tools you may need for your days on campus via Tool Checkout.
Once you have met with a technician, please request your on campus workstation reservation at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus.
To meet social distancing needs we have 5 designated spaces:
- 1 for Lithography
- 1 for Etching
- 1 for the Vandercook
- 2 stations for Silkscreening
These stations should only be used for printing. All pre-print work should be done before your appointment at the print shop. You will only have access to one print station during your appointment which is granted for the entire open hours of the print shop.
Project Submission / Pick-up Appointment
In an effort to facilitate making this semester, we will be allowing students:
- Screen coating and exposure. In addition to our normal screen access use within the shop, we are allowing for students to drop off their own film along with their own preapproved screens to be coated and exposed free of charge. This service is offered for all students, the only requirement is they must first request an appointment slot consultation with a technician. Screens must be no larger than 24 x 36. Film may be purchased for this process.
- Exposure of photolithography plates.
- Exposure of solar etching plates.
- Etching of copper plates in ferric acid.
- Silkscreen Rental Request Form
Did you leave work in the Printmaking Studio and need to pick it up?
Email us at email@example.com
About the Printmaking Studio
To meet social distancing needs there is only one reservation per day for one student working with the supervision of a technician. The equipment that can be accessed are: Vandercook, Platen Press. Nipping Press and the Guillotine. These stations should only be used for printing, pressing and cutting.
Printmaking Studio Calendar
Hair Must Be Pulled Back